This is the term ‘veil of denial’ I use when I came out of my denial.
I spent so many moments in my life to cherish that I destroyed because of my denial and not living the truth of my life.
Through my experience I have learned when living in denial is where you make so many excuses for yourself, others, and your situation. Staying in a place that does not allow you to grow and have a life of dread.
Why do this?
- You can not, are not able to or do not know how to handle your situation.
- Living in fear and too afraid to step up.
These are situations when you need to step up and find solutions to your situation instead of making excuses.
To help you to take off the ‘veil of denial’, here are a few tips:
- Knowledge, Knowledge, Knowledge. Learning more about what you don’t know about your situation to find a solution.
- Ask questions, especially when you do not understand, so important. The more understanding you know the more solid decisions you can make.
- Seek solutions not a pity party. Seek professional help, especially if your situation calls for it. Seek those who truly want to help you bring solutions to your situation. Some people’s help are not looking out for your best interest.
- Get real with your reality. Facing the fact that you have not done your part to hold yourself accountable.
Being honest with yourself and about your situation allows you to think more about where to look for solutions. This helps you to speak up to find the right help. We all have lived a soap opera life and some are still living it.
Look at denial as if it is a person who is trying to get you to make as many excuses as possible to stop you from learning and growing.
It can be scary to face the fact that you have not done your part to hold yourself accountable. Denial and pity are two people that love to stick together trying to keep yourself from doing what is right in your life.
When you had enough of making excuses you are finally ready to handle the process of learning how to handle challenges, seeking solutions and taking action to bring solutions to your situation.
(Please get professional help if your situation calls for it) This blog post is for inspirational content purposes.